Ghorepani Ghandruk Sunrise Trekking - 8 Days
- One of the most popular trekking trails in Nepal which offers the combination of cultural and nature beauty.
- This trail provides the opportunity to explore the landscape of the Annapurna Region, green forest with birds and wild animals, with the spectacular view of Annapurna Mountains Range.
- Enjoying the fantastic scene of Mt. Annapurna– The 10th highest mountain in the world, travelers captivated into the stunning beauty of Mt. Fishtail (Machapuchare), Mt. Himchuli, Mt. Dhaulagiri, and others Annapurna range.
- Unique experience of Gurung and Magar culture and tradition, with Hot spring are other extraordinary features of this trip.
- Hike up to the Poon Hill- the perfect sunrise and sunset view point of Annapurna Range, Dhaulagiri, Fishtail, Himchuli and Gangapurna etc.
Ghorepani Ghandruk Sunrise Trekking is a marvelous combination that leads you to enjoy the best of Annapurna Himalaya areas with breathtaking views, cultural villages of Gurung and Poon / Magar hill tribe people of Nepal Mid West Himalaya. Besides its scenic views walking into cool enchanting woodland covered with dense tall Rhododendron (national flower of Nepal), magnolia, pines, oaks and fir tree lines make world's largest natural garden when flowers are in full-blown in the months of March to May.
Ghorepani Ghandruk Sunrise Trekking, Starting from scenic Pokhara blessed with natural beauties of mountains and serene lakes of Phewa and Begnas, where our walk begins from the outskirt of Pokhara heading into high hills on old and ancient Trans-Himalayan Salt and Caravan Route of Nepal. Entering into the beautiful forest and then high up to Poon Hill at 3,210 m the highest spot before reaching Annapurna Base Camp, here facing a breathtaking panorama of high mountains Mt. Dhaulagiri-Nilgiris-Annapurna and Manaslu range with ever-present Machhapuchare Himal ‘The Fish Tail peak’.
Enjoying striking sunrise views from Poon Hill with mountains and then our adventure continues towards further to our next main highlight of the trip at Annapurna Base Camp of above 3,210 m high the highest point of Ghorepani Poon Hill. The walk leads uphill and downhill through serene rhododendron woodland with views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri and then heading towards Ghandruk village, a Gurung people and the large village before into Annapurna Sanctuary.
At Ghandruk enjoy the views in the comfort of the nice and cozy mountain and then walk back to Pokhara taking an alternative short circuit route past Gurung village and then walk down to the road head for a short drive to scenic and popular tourist spot at Pokhara after a wonderful and enjoyable walk on Ghorepani Poon Hill.
Day by Day Itinerary
After landing in the Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) our representative from the AsiaExperiences will receive you. After some formal welcoming, you will head towards your hotel. In the way, he/she will give you brief insights about the whole trip.
We will drop you to the TIA for your short flight to Pokhara or 6-7 Hrs Drive to pokhara, Our guides will pick you up from the domestic section and transfer you to the hotel. Rest and freshen up for today. Spend your evening in the lakeside observing the alluring sunset from the Phewa lake.
Today after your light breakfast you will take a cab to Nayapul. Your trek will officially commence from here. Take some snacks and head towards Tikedhunga. Like your first day of trekking in the Himalayas, today will only be 3 hours of hiking. Freshen up and explore Tikedhunga and gulp in some local snacks. Overnight at Tikedhunga.
After an early breakfast and be ready for the push to Ghorepani. The trek is long today but your exhaustion will overcome by the amazing scenery of the snow-capped mountains throughout the hike. You will have to rest in a few hours and walk again to acclimatize and catch some air. The toughest part will be a couple of straight uphill hikes in which our guides will come handy. After hiking about 6-8 hours you reach the village of Ghorepani. Overnight @ Ghorepani.
Today you will take an early hike of an hour to reach the top of the Poon hill. Poon Hill is one of the best places of the whole trek from where you can see the Annapurna Mountain Range from very close. The sunrise falling in the white face of the mountain makes the moment memorable and you can just lose yourself in it. Annapurna south, Nilgiri, Himchuli, Bhairisikhar are some of the mountains clear and close from Poon Hill. After living the moment to your heart fill return to Ghorepani and prepare for a Hike to Ghandruk. After reaching Ghandruk rest and freshen up. Overnight
We follow the trail of steep roads and local settlements and trek back to Nayapul. We get the amazing views of hill landscape of western Nepal. After reaching Nayapul, we get the road access to drive towards Pokhara. Overnight in Pokhara.
After a drive back to Kathmandu you can go shopping in the markets of Thamel. We will collect your experiences in our parting dinner and let you rest back in your hotel.
Our staffs will take you towards the airport a couple of hours before your departure. After this amazing tour, you are sure to take some priceless memories back with you.
Can I have a customized itinerary?
Yes, you can have a customized itinerary to some extent. We do want to assure you that our itineraries are professionally planned and practically managed for giving you the best results. You can also modify the during the visit with the consent of your guide and our company too.
- Trekking Permit for your related trip
- Trekkers’ Information Management system (TIMS) card
- Professional English speaking guide with porter, 2 trekkers for 1 porter (1 porter carries 20-25 kilograms of luggage)
- Salary, food, accommodation and Insurance for Nepali staff
- All meals three times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Accommodation in teahouses (lodges) during the trek
- Bus tickets (Tourist Bus or Public Bus)
- Rescue Arrangements for emergency cause [If you have any problem during the trek, we provided rescue service but paid by your insurance company or need personal insurance]
What's not Included?
- All bar bills during the trek [soft, hot & alcoholic drinks]
- Private vehicle for the long drive
- Tips for staff (Guide, Driver & Porter)
- Hotel accommodation Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Travel insurance
- Hot shower, Battery Charge, Wi-Fi, Heater Charge and your personal expenses,