Upper Mustang Trekking - 16 Days
- Forests and beautiful Valley with villages and the last Forbidden Kingdom
- Upper Mustang, The Place which houses are with the traces.
- Unique Tibetan Buddhist Cultures and tradition, Oldest Monasteries and Chortens.
- Amazing Landscapes and the Himalayas including Annapurna, Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt Machhapuchhre, Nilgiri, Tilicho, Khrikuti Peak and Damodar Kunda
- Beautiful Pokhara valley with the Mountains and Lakes.
Upper Mustang is a remote area that lies in the Himalayan region of Mustang District. It is the place that was founded by Ame Pal. The total area of Upper Mustang is 780 sq, miles with the total population of 7,000. It is the place where you can seek for new adventurous facts about the history. The place is said to be as the hidden world of Buddhist Kingdom. Every year many tourists from different parts of the world come to visit Upper Mustang. It is the most admired place among the trekkers. It is also famous for bike riding. Upper Mustang Trekking offers you an adventurous trekking experience through different greenery forests and beautiful villages with the unique culture and tradition. The trek includes different religious and historical places that are enlisted by world heritage site. Upper Mustang is known as the Last Forbidden Kingdom since it wasn't until the 90s and the tourists weren't allowed to the region. While you trek towards Upper Mustang, you can feel the natural beauties of the different Himalayas, Mountains, tree-less landscape and rocky trails. It gives you the feeling of real life of the people living in mountain who wasn't much in touch with the rest of the people living in Nepal for many years. Upper Mustang has a geographical structure that is similar to the Tibetan plateau.
The journey of Upper Mustang requires about 10 to 16 days depending on the physical fitness of the trekker and the routes to access. The Upper Mustang Trekking begins from Kathmandu and goes through Pokhara and Jomsom and trekking begins along with different forests and villages. The Upper Mustang Trekking ends finally back in Kathmandu.
Day by Day Itinerary
After you reach Kathmandu, a representative will help you to transfer to a hotel. After a certain time of rest, we’ll visit some religious and historical places in Kathmandu. We’ll discuss the trek late in the evening.
Early in the morning, we’ll drive towards Pokhara. We’ll stay overnight in Pokhara.
The next morning, we’ll prepare to fly to Jomsom. After reaching Jomsom, our trek begins towards Kagbeni. The trail passes through Eaklibatti Village which is located at the bank of the two rivers. We’ll stay overnight in Jomsom.
After an early breakfast, we’ll continue our trek towards Chele. The trail passes alongside the Kali Gandaki River and Tangbe Village. We’ll stay overnight in Chele.
The trek this day will a little bit hard than before. We should walk crossing two passes; Taklam La pass and Dajori la Pass. This is the great opportunity to experience the great views of Tilicho, Yakawa Kang, Damodar Danga and Ramchung Cave. We’ll stay overnight in Syanbochen.
As morning begins, our trek will ascend towards the Yamda La pass. We should walk through popular forests and barley fields and finally reach to the Ghami. We’ll stay overnight in Ghami.
The next morning, we’ll walk towards Tsarang passing through a rough and slippery trail. We should cross the suspension bridge over the Ghami Khola. We’ll stay overnight in Tsarang.
After an early breakfast, we’ll trek towards a canyon and cross a river and finally reach to the Lo-Manthang Village. Lo-Manthag is a beautiful walled village in Mustang. We’ll experience the beautiful views of Himalayas including Nilgiri, Annapurna I, Tilicho, Khrikuti Peak and Damodar Kunda. We’ll stay overnight in Lo-Manthang.
Lo-Manthang is the walled village that lies in Mustang. The day will pass by exploring Lo-Manthang and its culture and tradition. We’ll also trek towards Tingkhar on the same day which is a beautiful village in the north of Lo-Manthang. We’ll spend overnight in Lo-Manthang.
The next morning we’ll trek towards Drakmar. The trail passes through Gyakar Village which has different old paintings preserved from past. We’ll stay overnight in Drakmar.
We’ll trek towards Ghiling after an early breakfast. The trail goes through a dry plateau and fields and reaches to Ghiling. We’ll stay overnight in Ghiling.
The next morning, we’ll departure towards Chhusang. The trek will be on the same trail as before going to the Lo-Manthang. This will give us great opportunities to experience beautiful views of the Himalayas and small beautiful villages. We’ll stay overnight in Chhuksang.
After an early morning breakfast, we’ll trek towards Jomsom. After the end of Mustang trails and we’ll then join the Annapurna Circuit. Our journey will continue towards Jomsom after a lunch break. We’ll stay overnight in Jomsom.
We’ll take a flight towards Pokhara the next morning. The flight will give us amazing aerial views of Mountains and Himalayas. We’ll stay overnight in Pokhara after exploring the entire city.
The next morning, we’ll drive back to Kathmandu. Our overnight will be in Kathmandu.
Today, our tour comes to an end. We’ll prepare for the final departure early in the morning. A representative will help you to reach the final destination.
- Trekking Permit for your related trip
- Trekkers’ Information Management system (TIMS) card
- Professional English speaking guide with porter, 2 trekkers for 1 porter (1 porter carries 20-25 kilograms of luggage)
- Salary, food, accommodation and Insurance for Nepali staff
- All meals three times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Accommodation in teahouses (lodges) during the trek
- Bus tickets (Tourist Bus or Public Bus)
- Rescue Arrangements for emergency cause [If you have any problem during the trek, we provided rescue service but paid by your insurance company or need personal insurance]
What's not Included?
- All bar bills during the trek [soft, hot & alcoholic drinks]
- Private vehicle for the long drive
- Tips for staff (Guide, Driver & Porter)
- Hotel accommodation Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Travel insurance
- Hot shower, Battery Charge, Wi-Fi, Heater Charge and your personal expenses,