Langtang Valley Trekking - 10 days
- Explore Langtang village and Kyanjing Gompa.
- Local Cheese Factory in Kyanjing Gompa.
- Panoramic view of the Himalayas from the Kyangjin Ri
- Through the Oak and Rhododendron forests
Langtang Valley Trekking is recognized as one of the pleasing trips in Nepal, which begin from Kathmandu followed by a drive to Syabrubesi. The adventure takes you to the beautiful Langtang Valley in the Langtang region of the Himalaya. Langtang region was once affected by natural disaster including earthquake and landslides. After the region was declared safe, many tourists began to head towards the Langtang Valley. The Langtang Valley Trekking is also known as the valley of glaciers trek. This is the closest place where you can get beautiful views of snow-capped mountains and glaciers. The valley is surrounding by Mt. Langtang Lirung and it offers different pine forests, swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow-capped peaks.
Our 10 days tour towards Langtang Valley starts from Kathmandu. We drive towards Syabrubesi with views of different beautiful mountains and settlements. Then start to trek from the lower region of Langtang Valley across small villages, farmlands and verdant forest towards Kyangjin Gompa. We climb towards Tserko Ri which gives us excellent views of the sunrise over the Langtang ranges. The region was once an important trading route as it borders Tibet. You can still see the influence of local culture in the area. Moreover, this trek also takes you to different cultural villages which give you the feeling of living in the mountainous region. We’ll also visit the villages of Langtang region that were heavily affected by the earthquake in Nepal in April 2015. Our exciting Langtang Valley Trekking ends back in Kathmandu where we started.
As soon you arrive in Kathmandu, a representative will pick you up and transfer you to a hotel. We’ll discuss the tour later. In the evening, you’ll be served a special dinner that reflects Nepali food culture.
In the morning, we leave Kathmandu and drive towards Syabrubesi which is a small beautiful village that gives the route to trek into Langtang Valley. We’ll drive through the winding road and different switchbacks. You’ll have a great opportunity to observe different beautiful mountains including Manaslu, Annapurna, and Ganesh Himal. Overnight in Syabrubesi.
After breakfast, we begin our trek towards Lama Hotel along the Langtang Khola. We ascend and descend through different oak and rhododendron forests. Overnight in Lama Hotel.
We continue our trek towards Langtang Village. After reaching the green meadows of Ghoda Tabela, we can see the views of white peaks of Langtang range. Langtang Village was affected by the earthquake in April 2015. Overnight in Langtang Village.
The next day, we descend towards Kyangjin Gompa which is a principal monastery of the region. We pass through water mills, prayer wheels, chortens and different sacred mounds of rocks. Overnight in Kyangjin Gompa.
We spend our whole day for acclimatization and explore Tserko Ri which lies in the high altitude. The trail passes through different yak pastures. We’ll have an exciting sunrise view from the top of Tserko Ri. After enjoying different views of natural scenarios, we trek back to Kyangjin Gompa. Overnight in Kyangjin Gompa.
Early in the morning, we retrace our steps back to Lama Hotel. We’ll walk through the downhill and pass different forests and beautiful Tamang villages. Overnight in Lama Hotel.
We again retrace our trek back to Syabrubesi. As we trek to the downhill routes, the trek will be a little bit easy than the previous. Overnight in Syabrubesi.
After an early breakfast, we drive back to Kathmandu. After reaching Kathmandu, you can do some shopping for gifts for your family and friends. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Today, our Langtang Valley Trek comes to an end. A representative will help you with your final departure.
- Trekking Permit for your related trip
- Trekkers’ Information Management system (TIMS) card
- Professional English speaking guide with porter, 2 trekkers for 1 porter (1 porter carries 20-25 kilograms of luggage)
- Salary, food, accommodation and Insurance for Nepali staff
- All meals three times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Accommodation in teahouses (lodges) during the trek
- Bus tickets (Public Bus)
- Rescue Arrangements for emergency cause [If you have any problem during the trek, we provided rescue service but paid by your insurance company or need personal insurance]
What's not included?
- Private vehicle for the long drive
- Tips for staff (Guide, Driver & Porter)
- Hotel accommodation Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- Hot shower, Battery Charge, Wi-Fi, Heater Charge and your personal expenses,